How P2P Transmission Technology Contribute to IP Camera
In recent years, the network video surveillance system has become increasingly popular. It enjoys high favor not only in the public security market, but also among more and more families and individuals. However, the monitoring needs of the latter are obviously different from the former. The monitoring needs of families and individuals are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
1. The demanding quantity of IP camera is small, usually for one family, one or several IP cameras are enough to use.
2. Neither special monitoring client nor long time monitoring is needed.
3. Usually, the monitoring client and the IP camera are on different networks. For example, the IP camera is at home, while user watches the video at work or through smart phones.
4. There is small probability that many people watch the same video at the same time.
5. Continuous and long video recording is not necessary. In most times, videos and snapshots are set to record by motion detection or others forms of alarm. At the same time users are reminded through alarm emails and messages.
From the above analyzing, we can see that there is a huge difference between the monitoring needs of families and the public security part, which decides that the IP cameras for civilian use must adopt different technique method. The reason is that:
- Since the IP camera and the monitoring client (PC/ smart phone) are on different networks, there is a firewall between them, so they cannot be accessed directly through IP address.
- There is a huge amount of IP cameras which belong to different users. If a central sever is applied to forward, it will need quite a number of forwarding severs on the Internet. The cost is very high.
- The IP camera must realize the function of plug and play to avoid the complicated settings and installation; otherwise the cost of after-sales service will be much too high.
Good news is that MOST IP CAMERAS has finally made a breakthrough on this problem, established a direct data transmission channel between client and IP camera and made the P2P transmission possible. LIKE OUR model “IP-129HW”